Ahwatukee Cosmetic Dentistry
Whether your dental needs are a complete exam and cleaning, a full-mouth restoration, or anything in between, we promise to provide you with exceptional care as we enhance the natural beauty of your smile. Below are just some of the many procedures and services we regularly provide to our patients – with a gentle touch, and stunning results. Your smile is our first priority, and we’ll give you something to smile about.
Porcelain Veneers are used to correct both color and tooth shape problems. Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of specially-shaped porcelain that are bonded over the front of your teeth. Veneers require a tooth reduction (where the thickness of the tooth is reduced).
In cases of serious tooth discoloration, dentists recommend dental veneers or crowns as opposed to bleaching.
Some reasons for Porcelain Veneers:
- Cosmetically, to create a uniform, white, beautiful smile.
- Crooked teeth.
- Misshapen teeth.
- Severely discolored or stained teeth.
- Teeth that are too small or large.
- Unwanted or uneven spaces.
- Worn or chipped teeth.
Pros & Cons
- Veneers do not stain, are strong, very durable, can actually strengthen the tooth, last between 5-15+ years, and typically cost less than crowns.
- In most cases, veneers do not require the dentist to remove much of the tooth.
- The procedure for veneers is typically completed in two appointments.
- Aside from follow-up visits, and general good oral hygiene, there is no additional maintenance needed for veneers.
- Veneers can brighten dark teeth, and are a very popular solution for people seeking a perfect smile
- In some cases more tooth needs to be reduced do to abnormal tooth position in order to give you the proper smile-line.
- Possible temporary sensitivity after your teeth have been prepared for veneers.
- Bruxism, a clenching and grinding habit, can damage veneers. Therefore an occlusal Night-guard will be fabricated to protect your veneers
- Porcelain Crowns are used when more tooth reduction of the tooth is necessary in order to achieve the desired result. Frequently we will use a combination of crowns and veneers in restoring and creating full cosmetic make-overs.
Skillfully fabricated Dental Crowns and Dental Bridges can defy detection. With today’s emphasis on having an attractive, self-confident smile, crowns and bridges can be an effective part of cosmetic dental treatment. Because they are designed to look and feel like “real teeth”, porcelain crowns produce dramatic results.
These restorations require enough reduction of the existing tooth to create a complete coverage or “capping” of the tooth structure. The crown will add strength to a tooth weakened from excessive wear, decay, or oversized fillings. The crown may or may not have a layer of metal under the porcelain to add additional strength. The porcelain glass gives a very natural luster and “lifelike” appearance to the crown. Crowns can help the cosmetic appearance of teeth, as we can fabricate them in any shape, shade, or size to remedy an existing undesirable appearance due to gapped, rotated, chipped, worn, or discolored teeth.
In bridges, crowns are used to replace an actual missing tooth. These crowns are anchored to the teeth on either side, with a bridge section connecting the two crowns.
Composite fillings are a durable alternative to amalgam fillings. Composite fillings are made of a composite plastic material and, due to their natural tooth color, are typically used for front teeth and the area of teeth that are closest to the gum line. The composite plastic filling material is applied layer by layer and then cured using an ultraviolet light.
Tooth Whitening Addendum
Tooth whitening has become a popular treatment since it has become the number one aesthetic concern for most patients. Tooth whitening works when a whitening agent (either Carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide) penetrates the enamel and the oxygen molecules react with the discolored molecules to break them down. Tooth whitening is a safe, simple, and non-invasive treatment.
Tooth whitening is not permanent and touch up maybe be needed every several years. Food and drinks that tend to discolor our teeth including:
- or certain berries.
At Arium Dental, we offer Zoom Bleaching and Quick Pro professional bleaching. Zoom bleaching can be good for patients who have moderate or severe stains. Quick Pro can be good for patients with light stains or very sensitive teeth. We also offer take-home trays with a bleaching agent.