Dentist in Ahwatukee
Finding a good dentist in Ahwatukee can be challenging. Knowing what to look for in a good dentist can help relieve not only the anxiety of going to the dentist, but provide adequate education and treatment for the best oral health.
1) Word of mouth is perhaps the top way to find a good dentist in your area. Start asking family, co-workers and friends who they go to, if they like him or her. Ask about their personality, if they are kid-friendly and if their office is relaxing and comfortable.
2) Another method to find a dentist is through your insurance. You can search for an Ahwatukee dentist in their website and see if they take you plan and are in-network. If you don’t have insurance, you can ask if they offer discounts or third party-financing such as Care Credit.
3) Once you a find a dental office that you may be interested in, see if you can take a tour of the office. See if the office is committed to staying on the leading edge of dental technology. Advancement in dental technology has made it possible to diagnosis problems earlier and provides better treatment.
4) When you see the dentist, don’t be afraid to ask questions about your treatment. Have the dentist give you all options including less expensive alternatives.
5) If you are experiencing financial difficulty, don’t be afraid to mention that to the dentist or treatment plan coordinator so they can make the treatment more affordable. Dentists care about the health of your mouth, and can work with you for the best options, no dentist wants you to forgo treatment if it can be avoided.
6) If you have fear seeing the dentist, let them know. In our office we can offer music with headphones to tune out the drill noise. Also, we have Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) or Oral sedation (twilight sleep) to help treat the necessary care while in a relaxed state.
7) Last but not least, it is very important you establish good trust with your dentist. Have the dentist explain the treatment and show you pictures or x-rays of their finding. If you don’t understand why you need a particular treatment, have the dentist explain to you why that treatment is necessary. In our office, we use education software called Casey which provides a professional narration for better understanding about potential procedure.
If you would like to take a tour of our office or would like to know if Atrium Dental is right for you, please call (480) 940-4321.