Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the look of the teeth and smile. It includes several procedures to improve the appearance and feel of teeth, like teeth whitening, dental implants, porcelain veneers, and dental bonding.
Cosmetic dentistry has become popular as people want to improve their overall look and increase their self-confidence. It is a powerful method for achieving a better, whiter smile and youthful looks. While cosmetic dentistry can be costly, numerous methods exist to make it more inexpensive.
What are the Advantages of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry benefits include the following:
- Improving your smile
- Whitening discolored or dull teeth
- Enhancing the appearance of your teeth
- Covering up chips and cracks
- Making your grin more balanced and symmetrical
- Improving your self-esteem
What are the Disadvantages of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is typically not covered by insurance. This is because insurance companies do not consider cosmetic operations vital in health. You’ll also need a certain degree of dedication to keep your smile. Certain procedures, such as porcelain veneers, are irreversible and must be replaced every few years.
What is the Recovery Time?
It is determined by the type of cosmetic operation used and the number of teeth that require treatment. For instance, someone who undergoes dental bonding on one tooth can immediately resume regular activities. On the other hand, someone who has gum contouring could take a day or two off work to rehabilitate. Your dentist can inform you what type of recuperation time you may expect.
What is the Most Popular Cosmetic Dentistry?
Common cosmetic dentistry operations include whitening the teeth, veneers, crowns, orthodontics (braces and clear aligners), implants, composite bonding, and gum contouring. However, the most popular cosmetic dentistry is teeth whitening. It enables people to enhance their smiles dramatically without having painful operations.
These treatments are sought to improve the appearance of teeth and smiles. There could be regional and temporal differences in how well-liked something is.
What is Cosmetic vs. Esthetic Dentistry?
Although the terms cosmetic dentistry and aesthetic dentistry are sometimes used interchangeably in Las Vegas, there are subtle but important differences between the two. Here’s the difference between the two phrases:
- Enhancing a patient’s smile and making their teeth look better are the primary goals of cosmetic dentistry.
- Numerous cosmetic dental treatments, such as tooth whitening, veneers, dental bonding, and gum contouring, fall under this category.
- Even if a person’s teeth are otherwise healthy and functional, cosmetic dentistry can be used to improve their appearance.
- Aesthetic dentistry takes a more comprehensive approach, focusing on the teeth’s form and function.
- Aesthetic dentistry is the branch concerned with improving the form and function of teeth without sacrificing their natural appearance. This may necessitate the placement of dental implants to replace lost teeth or the placement of dental crowns and bridges for damaged teeth.
- Aesthetic dentists work to improve both the teeth’s visual attractiveness and their structural integrity.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Healthy?
When carried out by trained dentists, cosmetic dentistry in Las Vegas is an effective way to improve the appearance of your smile. Although a beautiful smile is important, so is good oral health. A qualified dentist will weigh any proposed procedures’ aesthetic and functional benefits.
What is the Difference Between Cosmetic and Non-Cosmetic Dentistry?
The primary distinction between cosmetic and general dental care is the intended result.
- The primary goal is to improve how one’s teeth and smile look to others.
- Procedures including bleaching, veneers, bonding, and gum recontouring are all part of cosmetic dentistry.
- When there are no underlying functional or health difficulties, cosmetic dentistry improves the smile’s aesthetics.
Non-Cosmetic Dentistry (General or Restorative Dentistry)
- Dental health, function, and appearance are all areas that non-cosmetic dentistry (general or restorative dentistry) seeks to improve.
- It includes procedures to restore the health and function of teeth and gums, such as fillings, crowns, bridges, root canals, and dental implants.
- In non-cosmetic dentistry, the focus is on the patient’s dental health and function first and foremost, with cosmetic enhancements being performed only as a last resort.
What are the Difference between Family and Cosmetic Dentistry?
Generally, general dentistry is concerned with preventing and treating oral illness, whereas cosmetic dentistry is concerned with the overall aesthetic look of teeth.
Family dentists are concerned with their patient’s dental health. Seeing a family dentist who specializes in preventative care is typically a good option for most adults and older children. A family dentist and the dental hygienists under the dentist’s supervision maintain patients’ teeth clean, healthy, and plaque-free, which can lead to later problems.
Despite having separate titles, cosmetic dentists are similarly well-versed in general dentistry and cosmetic operations. Cosmetic dentists receive their education in dental school and, like other dentists, must hold a Doctor of Dental Surgery or Medicine in Dentistry degree to practice.
Cosmetic Dentistry Cost
Cosmetic dentistry charges vary greatly as of 2023. The following expenses may be charged:
- Application with the dentist
- Hygienist consultation
- Trial Smile or Smile Design
- The custom creation of your new smile
Dental insurance does not typically cover cosmetic dentistry. But, certain dental plans may pay a portion of the cost of some operations, such as crowns, particularly if the main objective is to correct a structural problem that may damage your general oral health. In addition, insurance often covers functional and restorative dentistry in part, but discretionary aesthetic treatment is rarely reimbursed.
Cosmetic Dentistry near Me in Ahwatukee, Phoenix, Arizona
If you want to go and Google “the best cosmetic dentistry near me,” you can stop now because you found it. Atrium Dental is the best cosmetic and sedation dentistry center in Phoenix, Arizona. Dr. Foroughi of Atrium Dental in Phoenix, Arizona, offers the best dentalservices in cosmetic dentistry. To discuss your dentistry options, schedule a consultation session at (480) 940-4321, fill out our online appointment form.