Conventional cavity treatment treatments require drilling and filling away at the tooth structure. While this is frequently the only technique to recover teeth, it is not always required in the early stages of decay.
Drill-free dentistry is a novel and sophisticated method of restoring teeth and filling cavities that do not use drills, pain, or suffering. It is a minimally invasive dentistry that skips drilling operations and assists individuals who are afraid of the dentist. Fillings are avoided, good tooth tissue is retained, and there is no need for drills! In addition, this is a painless approach to preventing additional tooth decay. Therefore no injections are required.
What are The Benefits of Drill-Free Dentistry?
Any device that eliminates the dreaded dentist drill is already positive. Nevertheless, drill-free fillings provide the following advantages:
- There will be no needles.
- There is no numbness.
- There will be no drills.
- There is no pain.
- There is no smell.
- There is no noise.
- There are no vibrations.
This decreases the worry, fear, pain, and discomfort associated with conventional fillings, resulting in a more pleasant overall experience. You could even love going to the dentist after a while.
Drill-Free Dentistry Methods:
There are three different types of Drill-Free Dentistry at Atrium Dental. For cavities that are the surface of the teeth, we can use Air Abrasions. Air abrasion uses tiny particles of aluminum oxide from a special machine called prep started. It removes tooth decay with tiny particles of aluminum oxide or silica. It’s safe, and anesthetic is not needed for shallow cavities.
The second type of Drill-free dentistry we use at Atrium Dental is the application of Silver Dyamine Fluoride(SDF). SDF can be applied with a super floss in between the teeth. It is popular in pediatric dentistry and Geriatric dentistry. It has been shown to decrease new cavity lesions by 61 percent. The benefits include the cost and ease of application. The downside is that it can leave a black stain on the cavity. Fortunately, the cavities in between the teeth are not visible.
The third type of Drill-free Dentistry is icon treatment. It is a popular treatment for white spots that develop after braces. Also, it can be used to halt cavities that are small and in between the teeth. The benefits are that there is no need for drilling and the cost is less expensive than most fillings, and it does not leave a black stain like SDF. The disadvantage is that it’s a bit harder to place than SDF.
Drill-Free Dentistry Cost
Drill-free dentistry is a novel method of receiving dental treatment without using drills or needles. It is an excellent choice for people seeking a painless and speedy method of completing dental procedures. The cost of drill-free dentistry may vary based on the operation and the dentist’s location. Yet, if you have the correct dental insurance, you may obtain a discount on drill-free dentistry. If you don’t have dental insurance, you might want to look into a cheap dental plan, which might help you save money on dental fillings. Silver Diamine Fluoride costs 30 dollars per application.
Can Teeth Decay Under Fillings?
Yes, dental fillings can cause tooth decay. Dental fillings are made to restore and shield teeth from further decay, but they are not impervious to wear and can eventually develop gaps. When this occurs, bacteria may seep through the filling’s edges and into the tooth’s underlying structure, causing decay.
Several things can cause decay under fillings:
- Leakage. Bacteria, saliva, and food particles can seep in and cause decay if the filling does not tightly seal to the tooth surface. This might happen due to normal wear and tear, deterioration of the filling material, or poor filling placement.
- Recurrent decay. On occasion, decay may appear along the filling’s margins or edges. This can happen if the dentist did not completely remove the filling before placing it or if oral hygiene procedures were insufficient to keep the area around the filling clean.
- Compromised tooth structure. The tooth structure around a filling may weaken over time due to stress from chewing or clenching/grinding habits. The area may become more prone to decay if the tooth structure weakens.
- Insufficient oral hygiene. Plaque and bacteria can gather around the filling due to bad oral hygiene, such as insufficient flossing and brushing, which can lead to decay.
To prevent decay under fillings, it’s important to:
- Maintain good oral hygiene by flossing every day and brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
- Attend routine dental exams and cleanings to keep an eye on the health of your fillings and spot any early warning signs of decay.
- Observe the oral hygiene recommendations given by your dentist for your specific fillings.
- Avoid teeth grinding or clenching that can put too much stress on your teeth.
- Be aware of any alterations to the filling, such as cracks, chips, or sensitivity, and notify your dentist immediately.
Drill Free Dentistry Near Me in Ahwatukee, Phoenix, Arizona
If you are looking for “no drill cavity repair near me,” you have come to the right place. Drill-free dentistry is increasingly becoming popular for people seeking a more relaxing, noise- and vibration-free session. Dr. Foroughi uses this method to eliminate dental decay, prepare teeth for bonding, and remove old fillings and stains without needing a drill. This procedure is especially suitable for small children or people who suffer from dental anxiety.
Dr. Foroughi of Atrium Dental in Phoenix, Arizona, offers the best and most affordable drill-free dentistry services. To discuss your dentistry options with an expert team of dentists, schedule a consultation session at (480) 940-4321, and fill out our online appointment form.